Rift At The Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparation for Deepvali

Go down

Preparation for Deepvali Empty Preparation for Deepvali

Post  Ric'c Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:30 pm

A commotion is seen all the way in N'jinn. Large groups of people are constantly entering the market then exiting with caravans of supplies, heading for Sarrea. The city itself seems to be filled with life. Everyone is a buzz in cheer. Shopkeepers closing early, police not constantly grumpy. And everyones going about whispering the news. One word... "Deepvali"

The Festival of Lights happens every 1000 years under the great crystalline tree Hariki. It celebrates the anniversary of the building of N'jinn and when the first leader brought the many creatures together as a people. It is celebrated there because the ancient peoples of Fir lived under Hariki and frequently say it "honors" her.

A line of chefs are preparing food on the northwest side of the tree. A colossal boar is lifted over a fire as the lord Ric'c passes by. People occasionally stop and bow as is their duty, and his is to oversee the preparations. He clears his throat and says in a sonorous voice that booms over the area, "Let Fly!" Two rows of magicians that circled the tree stop their incantations and force a palm each upward, sending large pulsing balls of energy, all colors included. Into the air. They then resume preparing the second launch. This continues until the whole sky is alit with light.

Decorations are being draped over the branches, occasionally tied down. All around people are hastening to form dance circles out of a black ink substance and refreshment tables out of magic singing. A throne is carved next to a sparkling lake, made of pure diamond. Ric'c takes a long look at it. "Thats for me?" He says.
He decides to look back towards the lake. It is rather small. No life comes to drink from it, though it was this lake's pure water that induced the Kin's long life in the first place. He decided everyone should profit from its healing powers. He stands and chants an incantation quickly unstrapping any leather he has on, plus his shoulder pad. It falls to the ground and he is engulfed within blue flames, the bulk of them swirling around his staff. He calmly places his staff to the water and the fire spreads along the edges before weakening into a low ember. The entire lake is heated into a large hot spring.

Another round of lights go into the air as he turns, satisfied. He shouts, his voice becoming sonorous again. "Alright! keep up the good work! Saturday's the day this thing starts! As is tradition!" The workers cheer and then continue their business. Ric'c snaps his fingers, calling a resting worker to him. He whispers "Im appointing you temporary overseer." The worker's eyes widen. "But sir-" He is quickly cut off. "No, i need someone to keep a sharp eye. Im going to get something, i will return when the festival starts." The worker replies, "What is it you are getting sir, if i may?" Ric'c smirks, "Something that will, let us say, revolutionize the festival and allow it to earn its name." He then snaps his fingers again. His form shimmers and folds like origami, fading with a quick pop.
Ric'c
Ric'c

Location : Where do i go to get to N'jinn? ohh... thats right im the king there...

Back to top Go down