Rift At The Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things are Cheaper in the Dark

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Things are Cheaper in the Dark - Page 4 Empty Re: Things are Cheaper in the Dark

Post  Blank Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:45 pm

e had seen the smoke but dismissed it as some traveler's camp. he searched around the town for jaja. sometimes asking people if they knew, or had seen her
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Things are Cheaper in the Dark - Page 4 Empty Re: Things are Cheaper in the Dark

Post  Jana Bolario Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:45 pm

The fishermen pointed towards the curl of smoke. Then they went back around to their work, ignoring Blank. Jana was at her home, and it was then she realized she had left her basket at the tavern. She curses and sits outside her home, watching the ocean. "Blast it all, I left my peaches back there. I doubt they'll be there by the time I get back there." She frowns and adds wood to her fire. "Mm. Maybe Blank found it." she grins at the thought of him chasing her all the way from the city. In truth, the city was not even that far off. By horse, you could make it in an hour, at a fast pace. By cart, two and a half; and by foot, three.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:36 pm

he looks at the camp, sighing slightly he started walking in the direction of the smoke. he had the basket covered so sand wouldn't get in it. it took a little while to get to where the smoke was coming from, mostly cause he stopped from time to time to stare at the sea, getting lost in thought
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Something was wrong. Instead of the delicate wisps of smoke that was rising, there was one, single, dark plume of smoke. Three men on horses were seen galloping on horses back towards the city. They seemed to be laughing at some hilarious joke. Soon they were gone.
Jana, on the other hand, was angry. Very, very angry. It seems that Blank had left her note in the room for any evil person to find. If she hadn't been unconscious and thought dead by those men, she would have died! She was sitting in front of her fire, pondering the day, when the three men had sneaked up behind her and started beating her with bow-staffs like her own. She had feigned death, and they had ripped apart her home and left, tossing the remains in the fire.
Jana stared with disgust at her destroyed home. Thankfully, the cave had not collapsed. She could rebuild what they had burnt in a few weeks, and work her supplies back up. "And through all of this, I never even got to eat my peaches." she sighs.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:24 pm

he walked up to where she was not sure of what happened to her 'house' "umm....hello again" he said smiling nervously, he held the basket out to her, the peaches, apples, and other fruits in it
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Jana grits her teeth. There are bruises and cuts all over her, her hair fell loose of it's ties, and curled down her back. She gently pokes her temple, which is bleeding heavily. Her arms are bleeding, too, and her legs. Jana looks like she's going to fall over. On arm is at a strange angle and hangs loosely at her side.
Jana's house had been a huge, carpeted cave. It had decorations from the sea, glass wind-chimes, baskets of shells. All looted. Jana sniffles. Sand had been kicked over the carpets, every topsy-turvey. Even if she did fix it, it would take so long to. Jana would have to replace the beams, flap out the carpets, spend at least half of every day hunting and gathering, and recollect driftwood. That's not even going into remaking the baskets and the chimes.
Jana remains silent, and sad. She looks down at the ground, and there, in the sand, is the note she wrote Blank. She picks it up. "You came all this way.. And you didn't even read this?! This is how those men found me! And plundered my chimes! And destroyed my home, and stamped my supplies into the sand..." She wipes her eyes with her good arm. "It can't get any worse, at least." She hadn't even finished her sentence when it starts to pour.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 pm

his ears drooped, he felt bad that this happened because he didn't see the note, he set the basket down and moved over to her "hold still please" he said as he took her arm and counted to three before popping it back to it's right angle, he tied a simple brace onto it from some one the drift wood that wasn't burned. he then walked away, he might not beable to change the past but maybe he could find the raiders that did it and get some of jaja's things back, and then he'd help her rebuild her house. he then set about tracking down the people that did it, following the hoof prints in the sand

(ooc: blank doesnt know medical stuff like stitching up wounds, but he does know minor things like fractured bones and braces)
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Jana screams loudly as her arm was fixed, and the brace tied on. As soon as Blank let her go, she fell to her knees, whimpering and shaking. She looks up to see him run away. Of course, the raiders were on horses. Blank should have seen the tracks and known. She looks sadly to the ground, and collapses, trying to control her sobs. Her bleeding temple was making her light headed, and she couldn't see past the pain in her arm. A fisherman and his wife see the smoke and call the other inhabitants of the village to the dune. They all knew Jana, and liked her well enough.
When the people saw the destruction of Jana's home, they were astounded at the cruelness of it. They gently lifted Jana and took her back to the village, to care for her.
The raiders pounded relentlessly back to the city on there horses. Because they are cruel, and force their horses onward at a hard pace, they made it in forty-five minutes. They checked into a new tavern and looked over their finds.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:53 pm

blank could run as faser than a human, and he forced himself on till he reached the city, he made it in 2 hours and 28 minutes. panting hard he set about looking for the raiders, though he didn't know what they looked like, they had left their scent all over jaja's home, so he sniffed they out. he may have looked odd to the people of the city, but he didn't care about that, he just wanted to find them and beat them up, it took about 40 minutes to find the inn they were staying at. he had caught his breath by then and so he entered the inn, heading up the stairs and down the hall to where the raiders were, he set a hand on one of his swords before kicking the door open. his eyes were hiden by his hood, but his canine like muzzle ad teeth showed under his hood. he made a snarling noise as he walked into the room, looking at the things they were going through. he was mad that they destroyed her house. he was angry that they stole from her. and he was pissed that they hurt her
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum