Rift At The Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

far from home

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

far from home Empty far from home

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:21 pm

*sitting in the middle of a roughly made raft there is a figure, covered from head to toe in ragged and frayed robes and cloaks, the only way one could see who was hiding under neath these garbs would be if they took the hood off, he just sits in the middle, letting the wind bring him ever closer to land, he just sits and waits, keeping his eyes open for danger*
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

far from home Empty Re: far from home

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 pm

*the figure lifts his head and looks in the direction of a small fishing boat, he stands up to get a better look at the vessle, once he dicides that it's not a threat to him he sits back down, but keeps a weary eye on the boat, only a few yards away from him*
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Jana yawns.
It had been a long day for her, running up and down the beach to find nice, dry pieces of drift wood, and small pieces of glass and other ocean wonders. So far, she had a nice, tall pile of wood going. Out to sea, she could see a fishing boat, and a raft thing. She couldn't make out anything else, so she just goes along her way. She finds herself constantly gazing out at the raft and the boat, a little interested.
Bah, it's nothing but a simple fisherman and a big piece of wood, probably. She confines to herself. Yawning again, she lifts a large piece of driftwood into her arms and continues along the beach.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm

*he could finaly see land, the figure stands up and moves the the back of the raft where he picks up the two make-shift oars and begins to paddle twards the beach* "finaly dry land" *he mutters under his breath, his voice was odd, it wasn't high pitched, and a deep base, there was just a note to it that would make someone stare, as he paddled his raft to the shore the fishing boat seemed to follow him, he was to busy to notice it, but the boat didn't have any fish on it, the nets weren't out and there were no lines in the water, something was off*
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Jana stops. She looks back towards the 'big piece of wood.' Wow. It was a raft. How interesting. She tosses driftwood onto the pile and watches the raft and the boat, her hands on her hips. Oh, shoot, left Binky in the cave. Mm, I'll have to do with my fists. She looks back towards the dunes, unable to pick out her cave from this far.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:08 pm

as soon as he was close enough he grabbed his pack, a long with his Bow and Arrows, and jumped off of the raft, into the shallows, he waded to shore and looked around taking in the beautiful scenery, he then notices the woman standing a little ways away from him "hello, ma'am, I'm sorry if i'm intruding, but im just passing through...." he looks out at the sea and finaly notices whats wrong with the fishing boat "thats odd....." he says, more to himself than anything else
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Jana snickers. "So formal? You sound like a butler. Intruding on what? This is no man's land." she eyes the fishing boat, then the raft. "That actually floats?" she raises an eyebrow. Ok, first I meet Miss Angel Pretty Pants, and now Mr. Rag Doll, and a Fishing boat with no fish. Who would've thought? She laughs loudly, reaching down to pick a shiny seashell.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:20 pm

chuckles "just thought that i should make a good first impression" grips the collar of my robes and cloaks and pulls them off over my head, revealing that im no human at all "those get pretty heavy when wet, y'know?" he then lays them out to dry as the boat finaly anchors in the shallows "i wonder who's on the thing...."
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Eyes the boy over, her eyes blinking. Too flippin' weirdos in one day? Sheesh, Jaja, you're on a roll. "Yes, I do know. And no, I don't know who is on that boat." she edges towards the sand dunes, wanted to retrieve Binky, because all she had now were her points and her fists. She knew she had a better chance of victory with Binky. Even though, there seemed to be no battle about to erupt.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:43 pm

a person comes out onto the sand from the boat, he looks like a pirate, but his clothes were torn and bleached from the salt water and the sun "ahoy, i be here for you, y'all make grand gally slaves!" i look from the single pirate to the woman on the beach "probably a captain that got mutianied by his crew....sorry, but i'll just leave and let you two deal with this" slings my pack, bow and arrows over one shoulder and my cloak over the other and begins to walk north "after all, you look like you could handle 12 ol' pirate" he chuckles
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Jaja snorts. "Whatever." She balls her fist up, eying the man up and down. Gally Slave, eh? Let's give him a run for his money. Jaja stands completely still, balling her hands into fists. She waits for the pirate to make his move. Her toes curl on the sand, and her heels bury into the soft earth, giving herself a firm position. She doubted this short, puny pirate could take on a hardened servant like herself. She cracks her knuckles, smirking at the pirate. "You got fishing nets in that boat? Anything useful?"
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

"ye'll find out when yer down in the gally maken my dinner, wretch!" the pirate draws his cutlass and walks tward you, while i wait and watch the battle from a short distance "and when im done with this wench, i'll be comin' for you, halfbreed!" i shake my head, the temptation of putting an arrow through the pirates head starting to swell up within me "no manners....."
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:13 pm

"I've met worse, Foxy." Jaja mumbles.
Jaja pulls a kunai out, as it was hidden, and holds it defensively. "You'll regret you ever called me that, Old one." Jaja draws a line in front of her with her foot. "I can take you out without crossing this line." She smirks, her bare feet tapping the ground. "What are you waiting for, pirate? Me, being a -woman-, should be mere -cake- for you to take down." she winks.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:16 pm

the pirate sneers "easy prey!" he shouts and charges at you bringing his cutlass high above his head, ready to slash downward at you
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Jaja smiles sweetly, bringing her leg up to kick him in the face, and the kunai up to block the sword. "Easy prey, huh?"
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:26 pm

the pirate rubs his bloody nose and growls "you'll pay for that, missy" he takes a dagger from his belt and thrusts it at you while bringing his sword in from the side, meanwhile i sit down and injoy an early lunch with the last of my rations "she's good, although from the way she's built that not much of a surprise....." spits out a piece of fruit that went rotten
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Jaja ducks under the sword and parries the dagger with her kunai. While squatting, she brings her leg around to try and sweep the pirate off his feet. If successful, she would jump up and kick the weapons out of his hands.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:42 pm

the pirate stumbles and falls his weapons landing far awayfrom him he looks up at the woman, scowling, "i'll get ye fer this, even if i have ta come back from the grave, no woman beats me and gets away with it!" he lunges at you, i smile, knowing the outcome of the fight i stand up, and begin to walk away, towards to sand dunes and the capital
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Jaja kicks him in the face again, and starts to move away, towards the dunes, where her cave is.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 pm

the pirate lays there, knocked out, and wont awake for several hours, walking a little ways ahead of you i stop and start digging up a plants "need to restock, need to eat, and make it to a city....." i mumble to myself, as i pull up a plant with edible roots and puts it into my pack "withs those birds would fly a little lower...." i look back, seeing you walking from the beach "maybe she'll know where i can find a town....hey, excuse me!" i shout as i run over to you "you wouldn't happen to know which way a city is, would you?"

(i thought you needed some fishing equiptment from the fishing boat)
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:57 pm

((Jaja'll nab 'em later.))

Jaja shrugs. "Nope." she continues walking, disappearing into the nearby dunes, and smoke is seen curling up from them. Jaja starts to walk back towards the boat again, pulling it onto the shore and easily hauling it behind a dune.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:00 pm

"then where do you live? why are you out here?" his voice is heard from in the boat "yuck, this place reeks...."
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:04 pm

"Jana. I live in a dune. I live out here because I want to." There was a small jingling wind chime. Jaja tosses Binky against the wall and starts pulling things out from the boat, sighing at the boy. "Stay, if you like. I don't care." She goes into the spacious cave to set down the fishing supplies. She then throws more wood onto the fire.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 pm

"i'd love to....." he says putting his cloak back on "thanks...." he sits on the top of the boat waiting for evening to come and the birds to fly lower
Blank
Blank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Bolario Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Jaja sighs to herself. She grabs a net, a basket, and a fishing pole from the gear she recovered. "I'll be back." she says to no one, strapping Binky to her back and heading towards the ocean, gear in hand.
Jana Bolario
Jana Bolario

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next